- To access York's licensed databases off-campus, you must be a currently enrolled student or a faculty/staff member with an active ID in the York library system. Check at the York Library circulation desk to make sure your ID is active. See CUNY's FAQ for more information about remote access to licensed resources.
- You then need to enter the 14-digit Library I.D. (barcode) number from the back of your York I.D. card.
- Users can also access all of the licensed resources after logging into York's VPN (Virtual Private Network): use these links to connect to the Faculty/Staff VPN or the Student VPN. Contact Academic Computing's helpdesk (ext. 5300) for more information about VPN.
- AOL users may need to launch Internet Explorer in order to access online databases.
- Several New York State Library databases now offer remote access using your New York State DMV Driver License or Non-Driver Photo ID Number.
- You can also access CUNY-wide E-journals and Reference Databases off campus by logging into the CUNY Portal. Logon to the Portal and click on: E-Journals and Reference Databases.
- See information on using Find It!
Include your name, barcode number (i.e., Library I.D. #), name of the database you were trying to access, and the time of day you attempted access. Also include the error message, if any.
You can also try calling the CUNY Computing Center Help Desk at 212.541.0981 or 212.541.0982. Have problems/questions concerning the York College Library website? Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.